Vintage Sweetheart

7:02 AM

Jane Girl of the Week


A Modern Vintage Sweetheart: Katy Perry




While watching  the rebellious girl kissing, Gay admiring doe eyed Diva, I realized that while only 1 year younger than me Katherine Elizabeth Hudson a.k.a. Katy Perry is only a cream colored version of Moi, and for THAT she gets a super thumbs up! Okay, okay so I must admit that I also have a bit of a school girl crush on this adorable songstress.


***


Growing up a strict Christian, somewhere along the road, Perry must've discovered the Sintched Waist of the 1950's and ran with it. She is known for her unconventional style of dress, often combining bright colors and vintage fashion, as well as associating outfits with fruit-shaped accessories (especially Watermelon). She defines her fashion "a bit of a concoction of different things". Johnny Wujek, Perry's stylist, described her style, upon meeting her for the first time, as "very colorful and vintage"  (aaah, GET OUTA MY HEAD!)


***



As Vintage grows into a more acceptable mainstream fashion "trend", Perry helps to bridge the celeb gap between Uptown and Downtown fashion by locking in a callabo with trendy department store power house (my former employer and favorite Dept. Store) Hennes & Mauritz a.k.a. H&M for their 2nd installment of Designers Against Aids (DAA) collection, along with other music industry figures.



Perry embodies the very Vintage-Jane Girl-Swagger that I just LOVE, proclaim and try my best to spread. I wish I could just carry a mini version of her around in my pocket all day--- Changing outfits and accessories between Era's every time I have a wardrobe malfunction, as I pull her out:


"What's that lil Perry? trade the High waist pants, for a MOD dress instead? SURE THING!"










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for leaving your opinion, Toots! It means a lot :)

xoxoxo
Ms. LeBlanc

Post Archives

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe