BCS, The Final Frontier

1:54 PM

 My Sisters Keeper.
"See you later" never "Goodbye"

Due to city budget cuts in already under-served neighborhoods throughout NYC, my after-school program--- one I helped to build for the past 3 years----will be closing it's doors to all 5 of their sites, for good after this summer. Over 2000 black and hispanic families will no longer have another option to continue furthering their positive growth.


I wanted to take this time to share with you, 2 small articles, showcasing some of the efforts of myself, and fellow staff members. My colleauge Monique Hardy and I are also members of the Urbanista's social group, where mentor efforts for young women are agreeably enforced as a rite of passage (Via the Salon du Shine/Shine Society currently servicing the Mott Hall Bridges Academy II middle school). With minimal resources, our aim was to give back to as many young girls as possible, utilizing our personal skills, talents and fundamentals passed on by many female mentors before us.


The following articles/interview were written by the elementary and middle school students within the BCS (Brooklyn Community Services) after-school program servicing the neighborhoods of Crown Heights and Brownsville/Oceanhill, Brooklyn.



* Please click the images to read clearly*
BCS INSIDER, Interview with Ms. Kinna LeBlanc written by 5th Grader, Tiana Durden. 
Newsletter Vol 4


Fashionista's In Training, The New Fashion Arts Club at BCS. Highlight on Ms. Monique Hardy, written by 5th grader, Blessyn Marcelle
Newsletter Vol. 3


2009 Former Students of MS 390 in Crown Heights. All ladies pictured are now Juniors in High School (2012)
 2010 Former Student of MS 390 in Crown Heights, Now a freshman, in High School (2012)


2011 Former Students of PS 12 in Oceanhill, Now in 7th grade (2012)

 "A visit to Ms. LeBlanc", as a Freshman in H.S., Tanasia Lindsey paid 1 of her favorite Mentors a visit Last summer, Summer 2011

 The Graduating Seniors of Ronald Edmunds Learning Center II, Located in brownsville 2012.
 ** Shiron received a FULL RIDE SCHOLARSHIP to Bishop Loughlin. That's my boy! **


 Ms. LeBlanc at Work.  My Sisters Keeper girls club. Lesson #2 "Self Esteem"

 Ms. Hardy at Work. Fashion Arts club debut. Showcasing Screen print bags.




I'm really oing to Miss my girls, and this program. 
Great, Now I'm sad AGAIN!

* Newsletter Designed by MOI= me! *







"OoWw"
Ms. LeBlanc
follow me:


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for leaving your opinion, Toots! It means a lot :)

xoxoxo
Ms. LeBlanc

Post Archives

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe