STYLE: DIARY OF A FROCK: Behind The Seam

4:04 PM

How I....
Bubbled a Frock

This is now one of my favorite vintage/print dresses and I wanted to share how I quickly turned a longer length into a shorter length by simple, quick and imperfect  "bubbling".

"Imperfect" because that is truly the art of a bubble dress or skirt...there is no flawless laying like a pleat or sharp placement like a seam, it's a simple free flowing garment for your free flowing personality. Below is a short tutorial of my imperfect bubbling, (completed just moments before my event)

GYAL-A- BUBBLE!

1. PURCHASE


Printed dress purchased as a "below the knee" ensemble with its own belt.


2. MARK YOUR LENGTH, GATHER INWARD & PIN.

After marking my desired length area, I gathered the hem line inward and secured with a straight pin.


3. LONG THREAD, SEW LIGHTLY.
 
after pinning your new hem line in place, grab your needle with long thread and begin to sew loose, lightly and wide enough.
(The reason for this type of amateur sewing is to achieve the loose flow of the "bubble" effect as well as to preserve your garment for the day you decide to wear ts actual length.)
 
  the end
sorry, I didn't DARE try on the dress in it's original left to even take a photo.




fin.


"OoWw"
Ms. LeBlanc

 SHOP MY CLOSET 
follow me:
Email Inquiry * Facebook * Twitter * Tumblr

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for leaving your opinion, Toots! It means a lot :)

xoxoxo
Ms. LeBlanc

Post Archives

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe