STYLE

8:00 AM

Solange Knowles is PUMAS New Art Director x Creative Consultant


Solange Knowles will tantalize our artistic palettes once again with her effervescent energy in 2014. The 27 year old style maven, singer-songwriter, mom, sister, friend-in our-head and 'Round the  girl will be making serious waves in the new year with a few new style projects. After dropping a dope album this year (True), fresh off a music tour and the launch of a new label (Saint Heron) Solange has just announced her new collaboration with PUMA.  OoWww Go Solange, Go Solange!

Knowles shared the news of being named the new Art Director and Creative Consultant of the athletic brand with a photo of a beautiful set of legs--possibly hers-- rocking a pair of kicks from the forthcoming ,"Girls of Blaze" disc collection, one which she stands as co-creator on.

I don't know about you, but I couldn't be MORE excited to see the chakra of creativity Sol- Angel will put back into the world.
--Her Message read:
"After years of art directing my own projects and visuals (music videos, photo shoots, album artwork, web content ect).....I am SO EXTREMELY EXCITED to finally announce that I am now able to apply my passion for all things design into my new position as an Art Director and Creative Consultant for the iconic @PUMA!!! It is in my new role that I am able to express my love for not only design but the conception of creative ideas, and the execution of them by curating amazingly talented teams. Ive had so much fun producing special content, ad campaigns, events, and working alongside the awesome Puma team with some of my favorite emerging artist, photographers, graphic designers ect. to create activations that really celebrates both mine and Pumas approach and philosophies. Over the summer, I paired 4 incredible designers @gerlanjeans @williamokpo @softcircle (Hisham Bharoocha) to interpret the classic (and one of my personal fave) Puma Disc each in their own distinctive aesthetic's to present "GIRLS OF BLAZE" inspired by the sights and sounds of Brazil. I couldn't be more excited about the result. The shit is wild, and come February I hope you will be just as in love as I am. The This has been a dream job, and the ride has just begun!"
I couldn't have said it better! Keep your eyes peeled in February 14' for this collabo



Thoughts?
What are your thoughts on Solange's new collaboration? Is she a perfect fit for the athetic brand? 

Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.




fin.


"OoWw"
Ms. LeBlanc

follow me on:


Kinna LeBlanc is a Creative Artist and Culture Critic. Twitter follow @closetjane


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for leaving your opinion, Toots! It means a lot :)

xoxoxo
Ms. LeBlanc

Post Archives

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe