Christmas

11:00 AM

Dominica For The Holidays

Ms. LeBlanc's Time on the Nature Isle


After a number of years, I finally took a vacation and went back to my hometown of Dominica "The Nature Isle of the Caribbean" no, NOT Dominican Republic, Please do your own research---I've been here for 2 weeks already and the time is going by WAY too fast. 

I've had an awesome time reuniting with the complete other half of my family, actually meeting most of my father's side and learning about all the beauties that reside on my island---including the rich history behind my last name.

Since it IS December it is considered "winter time" here, and my first week was a pretty drenchy one with non-stop, summer rain each and every day---there was even a portion of the island that experienced flooding and landslides due to the storm that hit several Caribbean island during the Christmas break...and thank the Lord that we were not a part of that, but my condolences go out to the neighboring islands of St. Vincent and St. Lucia.




It has been a beautiful time on this laid back, stress free Island, with smiling brown faces---that ALL recognize my face/family, just by looking long enough---everywhere I go.  I've also had a refreshing time doing things very organically, as well. And not the Whole Foods kinda way. But the picking off the tree and throwing it in a pan kinda way. My Body feels even more great and there will be even more changed to my already healthy lifestyle. Dominica is known as the Nature Isle for a reason and I see why. The other Island can totally keep the white sand beaches and resorts, because nothing compares to Sulfur springs and  Mountainous ranges bearing exotic fruit, right by the road side.

ISLE STYLE & DVF
I also pride myself on bringing a level of fashion sense, the way I know how to the town of Portsmouth---I totally stick out like a sparkly thumb here! I get the "Where is SHE from" stare, that I really don't mind too much! lol.

There isn't much "stylish" and "fashionable" stuff to do here, I can't attend the local Fashion Week lol but that's more than okay, tracing my roots, relaxing and thinking of new ways TO actually create a fashion community has kept my mind busy! but what was even more exciting was the opportunity that I got from 1 of my industry buds who passed on casting information for me. Casting information to be---ready---wait for it----the BRAND AMBASSADOR FOR DVF!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHH

Diane Von Furstenburg is looking for 8 Fabulous people to represent her brand (if you read my blog you know that I have a very special place in my heart for that woman and what she represents. You can refresh your memory Here! and Here!) I've already made it passed the prelim. round by receiving a friendly and exciting email from her HR department saying how much they loved my first submission. The next step was to complete a casting video. AAAH! I know, right. I have NEVER submitted a casting video for anything in my life--and always been pretty skeptical about it---but THIS is the opportunity of a lifetime and I was NOT going to pass it up. I have a camera, my Mac, an awesome life-story and phenomenal personal style ummm, it was a no-brainer.
So of course, I will keep you posted on the progress as I have submitted my video already. Who knows, I could be the very next face of the fabulous luxury DvF brand!

Definitely something to smile about!



More pix coming soon!


fin.


"OoWw"
Ms. LeBlanc

follow me on:


Kinna LeBlanc is a Freelance Creative Artist and Culture Critic. 
Twitter follow @closetjane

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for leaving your opinion, Toots! It means a lot :)

xoxoxo
Ms. LeBlanc

Post Archives

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe