STYLE: Fall Transition + Layered Looks

6:01 PM

Layered Love

Transitioning your Summer Gear: How to Layer for Fall


The thought of Summer 2014 actually coming to a close is making me a little crazy simply because I feel like it just started! where in the world did the time go?....oh! off to the beach along with everyone else! right.

Well, if you're anything like me and constantly breaking the "no white after labor day" rule willingly, then let's transition together. I hate rules, and style trends are no different---if I feel like wearing white in October, then I will Ms. fashion editor. Whatcha Gonna Do?! Feature me?! 

If you aren't ready to put away that Maxi dress or fold away those cut-off denim shorts; no worries, paring your favorite summer looks with traditional fall pieces, will not only give you an edgy ensemble but will add a bit of sunshine to the crisp air, approaching.

Here are some on my favorite layered/transitional looks, pulled from style.com along with where you can find the bargain buy!

CUT-OFF DENIM/MINI SKIRT + OVER-SIZED SWEATER + THIGH HIGH BOOTS



Graphic Sweatshirt by LRG $20.00 via Macys.com


MAXI SKIRT/DRESS + BOMBER/FLIGHT JACKET

Quilted Bomber Jacket by BCBGeneration  $32.40



LEATHER CROP TOP + BUTTON DOWN SHIRT 

BB Dakota faux leather crop top $29.70 via shopbop.com


PENCIL/ MIDI SKIRT + DENIM JACKET


Distressed Denim Jacket by Charlotte Russe $21.99

SPAGHETTI STRAP DRESS + OVER-SIZED CARDIGAN


Graphic Bat-wing Cardigan $23.90 by oasap.com


Keep this little guide handy as you begin your separation process and closet cleaning, I know I will. Start creating new looks for yourself and you'd be surprised at what you can put together, without the shopping spree!




photo credits


fin.






"OoWw"
Ms. LeBlanc
follow me on:
Kinna LeBlanc is a Freelance Creative Artist and Culture Critic. 
Twitter follow @closetjane

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for leaving your opinion, Toots! It means a lot :)

xoxoxo
Ms. LeBlanc

Post Archives

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe