NYFW Pop up Shops x Makeup Apps

4:21 PM

NYFW Events and Happenings

Make- Up touch up with Laura Gellar x The Australian Designer Pop Up



Before heading to my only event for the evening I took advantage of Birch Box Soho's week long Beauty lounge with Laura Gellar cosmetics. Laura Gellar was featured in the August' Birch Box for all the beauty mavens, however this was my first time using their products. One of the only brands that feature an entire baked collection, that's mineral oil and paraben-free.

I really enjoyed learning some cool techniques from the gorgeous Marissa Rudolph, one of Laura Geller's Pro Artistry Team members and HSN's product representative.  


Marissa kept my traditional pin-up make, elongating my wings with their Eye Calligraphy pencil in black. And enhanced my eyes with the Shadow Rimz  baked marble shadow duo in Champagne/Purple, Marissa topped my look with a glossy long wear lip crayon in the "Love Me Dew" shade; Marissa gave m a little more joosh, by using the Love me Dew shade on my cheeks as well! I was set and ready to go on to my next event. Check it 
out! 





The New York Fashion Bloggers received yet another invite during the spring summer 2015 Fashion presentation for the unique and Independent Aussie brands known as Lyla & Bo, Micky in the Van, Inder Dhillon and Zhivago.

Upon entry into the pristine and spacious West Side showroom, we were greeted by four style stations and bubbly blondes, Michelle and Christina; The stylish pair behind the Lyla & Bo brand. The ladies gave us a warm greeting and were centered directly in front of their babies...the classic Fedora hat!


Ranging in various shapes, styles, colors and sizes, Lyla & Bo Fedoras are made with 100% Australian wool and are accompanied innovative accessories like jeweled ear cuffs. I actually loved how the rich color tones of the hats blended with all complexion types and felt underneath my finder tips...trust me, no lint ball accumulation here! I definitely played dress up while sipping champagne and chatting with the ladies.

Only a year old, and launching in NYC Lyla & Bo, along with the other brands, actually made its New York debut this week by hosting the pop up shop trunk show; gaining more exposure for their brands. I asked the ladies what the inspiration behind their name was and it was rather simple: just a cool pairing featuring the name "Lyla". Nice,very similar to the pairing of a brown fedora hat, black high waist shorts and metallic oxfords Yep, I get it! 


 
The brand ships worldwide with very affordable wholesale price points ranging between the lower $50's to mid $80's. Made with love down under and a New York attitude, be sure to check out Lyla & Bo for your classic and chic accessories today!
Of the four  brands on display I definitely fell in love with L&B as well as The Estelle Store's Vintage spinoff Micky in the Van. Out of Melbourne Australia, Micky in the Van is an eclectic line, inspired by vintage and wearable art. The SS15 Collection featured a lot of separates to mix and match in fun vintage fabrics to choose from.

   


When asked about her label, designer Estelle explains "With each creative mind, their art comes to life in various forms. Mine is through wearable art. It's what I know, it's what I've always known. It has always been my organic instinct in evoking emotion, and illustrating my own deep (sometimes complex) emotions" ....couldn't have said it any better! 

A representative for Micky in the Van was not in attendance, but check out some of my favorite pieces from the line. 


Cape- $79.00

Mon Colette Coat and Dress- $239

Sovereign Dress $279.00







fin.



"OoWw"

Ms. LeBlanc
follow me:
Kinna LeBlanc is a Freelance Creative Artist, Vintage Curatist and Culture Critic. 
Twitter follow @closetjane
Instagram follow @seejanestyle, @ClosetLuxeNYC, @Closetjanes_dollhouse









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for leaving your opinion, Toots! It means a lot :)

xoxoxo
Ms. LeBlanc

Post Archives

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe